The day is finally here for Alison and Stephen to go get Shu Shu! Aka, Sister and Allie Ruth. 🙂 In just a few short hours, they will be boarding a plane in Atlanta to start the very long journey to China. And by Monday, precious Allie Ruth will be in their arms! It is almost more than I can stand. Alison has promised to update the blog while they’re in China, so if you would like to follow along, here’s the link to Mixing Up the Blonde.
Since y’all have been so faithful to pray for us, I want to ask you all to pray for them over the next two weeks. I’m sure I’ll leave something out, but I think this list is a good start.
- No flight delays or lost luggage
- For Alison and Stephen to be able to sleep tonight on the plane
- Quick recovery from jet lag
- That Stephen, Alison, nor AR will get sick while in China
- A smooth transition from AR’s nanny to Ali and Stephen on Gotcha Day
- *Attachment and bonding between AR and her mama and daddy* (probably one of the most important requests!)
- That Alison and Stephen will be able to communicate with AR (she’s two and half which means she’s probably speaking a good bit of Chinese)
- For restful nights in the hotel
- That Alison will have the courage to leave the hotel with AR (unfortunately in China and many other countries, people with albinism are often shunned and/or treated with hostility)
- For their boys who will be staying here and the grandparents who will be caring for them
I appreciate your prayers and I know they will too. If I think of any more, I’ll be sure to post. There’s a good chance Alison may share some on her blog as well. I will also post again before they return from China with ways you can help once they’re back home.